Email is the best way to reach us. Please write to CAMonitor@doj.ca.gov.
To assist us in processing your message, please include answers to the following questions if you know them:
- Has your home has been set for a foreclosure sale? If so, what is the scheduled date of the sale?
- Who is your mortgage loan servicer? Your servicer communicates with you about your mortgage and accepts payments.
- Who is your loan’s owner or investor? Your loan’s owner or investor ultimately receives the payments on your loan. Your servicer must tell you who owns your loan.
- Are you in the process of a loan modification application?
- What is the address of your property?
- Is this your primary residence?
- Are you current on your mortgage payments?
- Is your home worth more or less than the amount you owe on your mortgage loan?
- Are you being assisted by anyone, such as an attorney or housing counselor?
- Please provide a brief summary of the problem you are experiencing. What is the resolution you are seeking?
Homeowners who prefer to file an initial complaint by phone can call our complaint message line at (949) 824-6683. Please provide your contact information (including your email address), the name of your mortgage company, the help you are seeking, and your foreclosure sale date (if you have one).