California Monitor Reports
- By the Numbers: Mortgage Relief Across California (September 2013)
- The “Complete” Application Problem: A Solution to Help Homeowners and Banks Work Together (June 2013)
- Dollars to Date: The California Mortgage Agreement (November 2012)
- Waiting for Change: Dual Tracking and Home Foreclosure (October 2012)
National Mortgage Settlement documents
For copies of the Settlement documents signed by each mortgage company, click below:
- Bank of America Consent Judgment
- CitiFinancial Consent Judgment
- GMAC/Ally Consent Judgment
- JPMorgan Chase Consent Judgment
- Wells Fargo Consent Judgment
- California Agreement
California Monitor Program Settlement Resources
The California Monitor Program creates informational handouts about the Settlement. Click below to learn more about:
- Dual Tracking Reforms: how the Settlement restricts mortgage companies from pursuing foreclosure for homeowners who are in the loan modification process.
- Loan Modification Application Timeline: how mortgage companies must process loan modification applications under the Settlement.
- Servicing Standards under the Settlement: how the Settlement reforms customer service practices for the five participating mortgage companies.
- Restitution for Servicemembers: significant restitution payments are available for certain military personnel who experienced wrongful foreclosures.
- Refinance Program: borrowers who are current on their loans might qualify for a lower interest rate under the Settlement.
- Additional Resources: where you or your constituents can turn for help or to learn more about the Settlement.
The California Monitor Program creates PowerPoint presentations about the Settlement. Click below to view:
- What You Need to Know About the National Mortgage Settlement
- What Advocates and Housing Counselors Need to Know About the National Mortgage Settlement
- What Consumer Bankruptcy Lawyers Need to Know About the National Mortgage Settlement
- What Servicemembers Need to Know About the National Mortgage Settlement
Other Settlement Resources
- If Citi is your mortgage company, visit the CitiMortgage National Mortgage Settlement site to view their eligibility guides.
- If JPMorgan Chase is your mortgage company, try out Chase’s online eligibility tool.
- Want to improve your mortgage vocabulary? Consult a glossary of key mortgage terms from Fannie Mae.
- Contact a HUD-approved housing counselor for assistance. Search for a counselor near you.
Homeowner Bill of Rights Resources
California Monitor Program in the Media
NPR features California Monitor’s first report on dual tracking: View the transcript and listen to the story.
Huffington Post interviews California Monitor Katherine Porter: After Mortgage Settlement, Banks Continued Abusive Practice, California Monitor Says.